You can shutdown the telephone system for a specified number of
The telephone system remains unavailable for the duration you specify,
the default 10 minutes. After the shutdown duration, there is a further
short delay for the telephone system to complete its restart.
A shutdown must always be used to switch off the system. Simply
removing the power cord or switching off the power input may cause
This is not a polite shutdown, any users calls and services
in operation are stopped. Once shutdown, the system cannot be used
to make or receive any calls until restarted.
The shutdown process takes up to a minute to complete. When
shutdown, the CPU LED and the base card LEDs 1 and 9 (if trunk daughter
card fitted) flash red rapidly. The memory card LEDs are extinguished.
Do not remove power from the system or remove any of the memory cards
until the system is in this state.
To restart a system when shutdown indefinitely, or to restart
a system before the timed restart, switch power to the system off
and on again.
- Press the Features soft key if shown.
- Use the cursor keys to select Phone User.
- Use the cursor keys to select System Administration.
- Enter your security PIN (login code) and press Done.
- Use the cursor keys to select System Shutdown.
- The current default timeout (10 minutes) setting is shown
and can be used by pressing OK soft key. Otherwise, enter the timeout required in hours
and minutes and then press the Ok soft key.
The allowable range for the timeout is from 00:00 to 24:00. Note that a timeout of 00:00 indicates
infinite (no) timeout.
The OK soft key is not displayed if the timeout entered is
not within the allowed range.
To enter the : symbol in the timeout press either
the * or # key.
To delete the previous digit or character entered press
the left cursor key.
- After pressing OK, you are asked to confirm whether you want to shutdown
the system. Only proceed if you are sure. If you are not sure press Back.
- If you press the Confirm soft key, the telephone system is shutdown.