There are various call transfer scenarios to consider:
Note: It is also possible to transfer a held call by
starting a conference and then dropping yourself from that conference.
However, if you are the only internal user in the conference, depending
on your telephone system's configuration, dropping yourself might
end the conference.
- Transfer to a Held Call: If you have multiple calls
on hold and you want to transfer a connected call to one of the held
- Press the Transfer soft key and use the up and down cursor keys to highlight
the desired call appearance.
- When you are satisfied, press Complete to transfer the call while the other held call(s) remain
- Transfer to a New Call: If you have calls on hold
but you want to connect your current call with a new destination:
Press the Transfer soft key and enter the destination manually using the
numerical keypad and press Complete.
Alternatively, press Dir to select a destination from the directory or use the Redial option, if applicable.
- Consult the Caller Before Transferring: If you have
a destination call connected but you wish to refer back to the originating
call before completing the transfer:
- Do NOT press Complete to transfer the destination call as in scenario #2.
- Select the originating call ('on hold pending transfer')
by pressing its call appearance button. This places the destination
call 'on hold pending transfer' so that you can notify the originating
- With the originating call connected, you can now press Complete to connect the two calls.
- Held calls that are not pending transfer are not affected.
Moreover, it is not possible to have more than one call 'on hold pending