The planned location must meet the following requirements. If being installed into a rack, these are requirements within the rack:
1. Temperature: Operating 5°C to 40°C (Storage -40°C to 70°C).
2. Relative Humidity: Operating 10% to 90% (Storage 5% to 95%).
3. Check there are no flammable materials in the area.
4. Check there is no possibility of flooding.
5. Check that no other machinery or equipment needs to be moved first.
6. Check that it is not an excessively dusty atmosphere.
7. Check that the area is unlikely to suffer rapid changes in temperature and humidity.
8. Check for the proximity of strong magnetic fields, sources of radio frequency and other electrical interference.
9. Check there are no corrosive chemicals or gasses.
10. Check there is no excessive vibration or potential of excessive vibration, especially of any mounting surface.
11. Check that where telephones are installed in another building, that the appropriate protectors and protective grounds are fitted (see Out of Building Telephone Installation).
12. Check there is suitable lighting for installation, programming and future maintenance.
13. Check that there is sufficient working space for installation and future maintenance.
14. Ensure that likely activities near the system will not cause any problems. For example, access to and maintenance of any other equipment in the area.
15. Where ventilation holes are present on any of the IP Office units, those holes should not be covered or blocked.
16. The surface must be flat horizontal for free-standing or rack mounted installations.
In addition to the requirements above, the following are applicable if rack mounting:
1.Rack Positioning: Ensure compliance with the rack manufacturers safety instructions. For example check that the rack legs have been lowered and fixing brackets have been used to stop toppling.
2.Elevated Operating Ambient: If installed in a closed or multi-unit rack assembly, the operating ambient temperature of the rack environment may be greater than room ambient. Therefore, consideration should be given to installing the equipment in an environment compatible with the maximum ambient temperature (Tma) specified by the manufacturer.
• Operating Temperature: 5°C (40°F) to 40°C (104°F).
• Operating Humidity: 10% to 95% non-condensing.
3.Reduced Air Flow: Installation of the equipment in a rack should be such that the amount of air flow required for safe operation of the equipment is not compromised. Proper ventilation must be maintained. The side ventilation slots on the IP Office 500 V2/V2A control unit should not be covered or blocked.
4.Mechanical Loading: Mounting of the equipment in the rack should be such that a hazardous condition is not achieved due to uneven mechanical loading.
5.Circuit Overloading: Consideration should be given to the connection of the equipment to the supply circuit and the effect that overloading of the circuits might have on overcurrent protection and supply wiring. Appropriate consideration of equipment nameplate ratings should be used when addressing this concern.
6.Reliable Earthing: Reliable earthing of rack-mounted equipment should be maintained. Particular attention should be given to supply connections other than direct connections to the branch circuit (e.g. use of power strips).
7. Only the screws provided with the mounting kit should used to attach the brackets.
In additional to the requirements above, the following are applicable if wall mounting:
1.Only mount onto permanent wall surfaces.
2.The surface must be vertical and flat.
3.Orientation of the unit must be as shown.
4.The appropriate Avaya wall mounting kits must be used.
When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
1.Do not use this product near water, for example, near a bath tub, wash bowl, kitchen sink or laundry tub, in a wet basement or near a swimming pool.
2.Avoid using a telephone (other than a cordless type) during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lightning.
3.Do not use the telephone to report a gas leak in the vicinity of the leak.
4.Use only the power cord and batteries indicated in this manual.