The one-X Portal for IP Office server can be configured to allow logging applications to connect on port 4560 to collect logging output. The output is in Log4j format. The one-X Portal for IP Office server administrator interface includes links to install Apache Chainsaw.
This process assumes that the PC from which it is being run has an Internet connection. If that is not the case, Apache Chainsaw can be downloaded and installed following the instructions on the Apache Chainsaw website (http://logging.apache.org/chainsaw).
1. Select Diagnostics and Logging Configuration.
2. Select Logging Targets and check that Socket Receiver is enabled.
3. Select Logging Viewer.
4. Click on Start Installation of Apache Chainsaw by Java Web Start.
5. The process for downloading and installing Chainsaw is largely automatic. Chainsaw is started. If the message Warning: You have no Receivers defined... appears, select I'm fine thanks, don't worry and Don't show me this again and click OK.
6. The Receivers panel should be visible on the right. If not, click on the button in the top toolbar.
7. Click on the new receiver icon on the Receivers panel and select New SocketHubReceiver.
8. Enter the details for the one-X Portal for IP Office server.
This field sets the address of the one-X Portal for IP Office server. In the example above chainsaw is being run on the one-X Portal for IP Office server PC.
This field is for display only. Enter a name for the receiver entry in Chainsaw.
Set this to 4560. This is the port to which one-X Portal for IP Office outputs log records for collection by remote logging applications.
This field sets the how long (in milliseconds) the receiver should wait if it suspects it has lost connection before reattempting connection.
This field sets the minimum level of logging message to receive or All or Off.
9. When you have completed the fields, click OK. After a few seconds the receiver should start and connect to the one-X Portal for IP Office server. The process will appear as log events on the chainsaw-log tab and when completed the receiver will be displayed as a new tab.
10. Click on the new receiver tab to view the one-X Portal for IP Office log records.
11. The navigation tree on the left can be used to focus the log view onto a particular component of one-X Portal for IP Office server.
12. Clicking on the receiver icon will hide the receivers panel. Clicking in the icon will hide the navigation tree.